(TMBA) Temiskaming Municipal Building Association.
Building? - You may need a permit
Contact the Municipal Office to determine what is required
For more information on Building Permits in Ontario refer to the following
BUILDING PERMIT FEES & REFUNDS: click here for a list of permit fees
The Ontario Building Code & Act are regulations that are set in place by the Province of
Ontario. Under the requirements of the Building Code Act, municipalities are responsible for
the enforcement of the Act. The Building Code sets minimum standards, which ensures public
safety and uniformity in the construction industry.
Building permits are required in the following instances:
- For any structure greater than 100 sq. ft.
- An addition (of any size), to an existing building, including residential,
commercial and farm buildings, decks, swimming pools, storage buildings,
• garages, etc;
- Renovations or alterations to existing buildings depending on the
change and type of materials used.
- Any new plumbing or changes to an existing plumbing system.
- A change of use.
Building Permit Application
Building Permit Applications: Tips and Guidelines
- The proposed use of the building(s) must conform to the uses permitted in the Official Plan and Zoning Bylaw, and to the provisions in Bylaw 07-18; a bylaw for the purpose of issuing building permits and establishing a schedule of fees.
- A permit for construction on a vacant property is subject to an entrance permit and/or driveway requirements. Please inquire at the municipal office if your property has no approved access from a public road. Access from a provincial highway is subject to approval from the Ministry of Transportation.
- A permit for a residential dwelling or residential addition/renovation is subject to the Timiskaming Health Unit septic approval, to confirm sufficient capacity of new and existing sewage systems. Health Unit forms are available at the Municipal office for your convenience.
- All applications for building permits must be accompanied by a site plan; indicating setbacks from property lines, other structures, road, etc., as well as a floor plan of the proposed building.
Please feel free to contact the Temiskaming Municipal Building Association for any
questions on the specifications of construction.
Temiskaming Municipal Building Association
35 10th Street, Earlton, Ontario, P0J 1E0